Country Garland - Pattern
The garland was inspired by the lovely tartans and plaids available, which gives a timeless appeal, whether in a modern or traditional setting. The garland looks good whichever colour scheme you choose. It would also make a marvellous table centrepiece with candles in the middle! The garland has sturdy wire frame which is padded and decorated to form a base for the embellished hearts, stars and Suffolk puffs.
This is suitable for either hand sewing, machining or a mixture of both.
- Double felt hearts (5) 2 x 11” squares or similar size.
- Single felt hearts (3) 1 x 11” squares or similar size
- Ticking hearts (5) 1 x 4” x 40” strip of ticking
- Small felt hearts (5)
- Felt stars (8) 1 x 10” x 40” or equivalent
- Suffolk puffs (45 approximately, of different sizes) A selection of different fabrics - I used at least 12. Total 1.25m
- Wadding - puffy 3m x 2” strips
- Wadding - 80/20 cotton/poly felted 10” x 40” or equivalent
- Ripped 3m x 2” strips of toning fabric
- Hessian / Tape / Ribbon x 3m
- Selection of small buttons
- Thin crochet cotton or embroidery floss
- Spotty bow 1 x 7” x 42” strip
Usual sewing equipment including needles, pins, threads, scissors, pencils, marking chalk/pencil, paper, pritt stick, cardboard or template plastic and pinking shears.