Heart Wallhanging/Cushion - Pattern
This Wallhanging was inspired by vintage Valentines Day cards.
The background fabric is from calico but would work equally well with linen or another plain fabric. The six small hearts are in red gingham and the larger heart is red with small spots. The centre is framed by red and ivory ticking. Embellishments in the form of buttons, ric-rac and embroidery have been added.
This project is suitable for either hand sewing or machine.
- 12” square of calico or similar
- 16” square of calico for backing
- 16” square of thin wadding
- 2 x 10 1/2” x 2 1/2” strip red and ivory ticking
- 2 x 14 1/2” x 2 1/2” strip red and ivory ticking
- 6 x 3” squares of red and ivory gingham
- 1 x 6” x 3” piece of red fabric with ivory spots
- 20” x 10” piece of bondaweb or fusa-web
- 7 small white shirt buttons
- 4 red shirt buttons
- 1 1/2m of medium red ric- rac
- Red perle embroidery thread.
Scissors, needles, threads, thimbles, pencils chalk, ruler rotary cutter and board etc.
If making a cushion, an extra piece of calico or other fabric is required for the back envelope 15” x 24”